Monday, October 8, 2007

Who is that crazy owner of Creatopia Pottery?


Hello, my name is Jessica Perlman and I am the studio owner of Creatopia in Downtown Plymouth! I graduated with a degree in Communications, worked for GM as a Project Manager and then ePrize, a small internet start-up for a few more years after that. I enjoy business just not the kind of business that tucks you away in a cubicle, I needed something more creative. Something with good energy that would remind me how important it is to do what you love, because life is to short. Thus Creatopia Pottery was born, and the entrepreneurial adventure began.
I have always been good with arts and crafts, giving homemade gifts to just about everyone in my family, so the pottery studio seemed like a perfect fit. Over the past year and a half I have educated myself on the process and methods of running a contemporary studio and learned so many lessons along the way. I’m a marketer, accountant, boss, customer service rep, party host, wife and tri-athlete. I created this blog to share my story with you and give you a sneak peek at the life of a business owner trying to navigate my way through this crazy world of entrepreneurship. My door is always open to suggestions, questions, critiques, ideas and opportunities and I look forward to hearing from you!

2 comments:

MOM said...

love your blog crazy owner of Creatopia. Keep following your dream.
Love MOM

Anonymous said...

Good post.